Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I haven't knit for the past 2 days...I know, it's unbelievable. I am so busy with end of the year stuff that I have to bring work home. Teaching second grade shouldn't be so labor intensive. To anyone who knows, that last statement is a Joke, with a capital J. Teaching has changed so much in the past 5 years. Unfortunately 7 year olds haven't changed. They still are little and aren't ready developmentally for all the changes that are now expected of them. They recently took a standardized test on the computer, one question gave them a passage that I had trouble reading then they were asked to identify man's struggle with life and the world. Huh????

As the year is coming to a close I keep trying to jam stuff into their brains. Today I just kept telling them how proud I was and how much I liked them. Then one boy told a classmate to "get the h--- out of my chair, get the f___ out of my chair". Reality came crashing and I went back to stuffing knowledge. Oh, btw, that boy with the use of adjectives had just finished writing a poem to his mom, telling her how much he 'loves his mommy'. They are definetly sweet and sour.

No comments: