Sunday, April 18, 2010

The obsessive obsess even more. Now that all my lunch mates know my health issues, I see them looking at what I eat every day. They try to be sly, averting their eyes after a peek. You know when someone is looking at your food. Are they judging me? Are they counting my carbs? Do they even know what they're looking at? Nope. Just concerned, curious. Still, it's buggy. I suppose we all do it. I often think...'why are you eating a pop tart, you just had a sandwich and cookies?'..... 'how can you eat a PPJ everyday?' ....and (my favorite) 'I'd rather starve than eat the school lunch...yuck'.

Speaking of food. I visited the nutritionist this week. I was happy with the outcome and had a big smile on my face when I got home. I can eat ice cream!!! I cup of ice cream for my nighttime snack!! Not the diet kind that tastes like plastic, the good ice cream with fat and cream and sugar. Yay for me. Considering my main food group was dairy and sugar...well, I'm quite pleased. Also, she gave me the exchange diet, which is what I've been looking for. It's in my house somewhere from 2 pregnancies ago. A really nice poster.

Bridgewater is almost done. The 'round and round we go' gets longer with each row. I was at my once a month job at Hub Mills (Classic Elite) yesterday. There's a finished Bridgewater that is so delicate and beautiful. It's in CEY Alpaca Lace. It's hard to imagine mine looking like that with it being on circs. This week it WILL be done, then I'll use the steamer at the store. Pictures soon.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh don't you hate those food judgers?? We call them the Diabetes Police. At least they are just looking, not nagging, right? I want to say don't pay them any mind, you know what you are doing and you are working with your nutritionist and good for you!! Which is all true. But I also know how hard it is to ignore them or just let it roll off your back. :( I still haven't figured out the way to do it!