Sunday, February 03, 2008

I've decided to create my own pattern for a child's muff. The ones I found on the web are not to my liking. So far today I have knit and frogged, knit some more and frogged some more, knit again and frogged again. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I just finished The Subtle Knife
by Phillip Pullman.
I had to read it immediately upon finishing
The Golden Compass.
I have the third one and the need to pick it up was even more pressing.
Like my inability to finish the last Harry Potter, cuz I don't want it to end,
I'll give the next volume a rest.
I started reading The Friday Night Knitting Club this morning. Going immediately from other world fantasy to real life is a bit of a shock. I keep waiting for Lyra's deamon to start talking.

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to get "Friday Night Knitting Club" from our local library. Since I retired, I am reading so much....the library is my reading budget! We have a great one, with online requests, etc. Also lots of NEW knitting books.

Glad to know that I am not the only one that has not yet read the last Potter book. That one I own...and it's just sitting on my shelf. It has been read by quite a few others, but still waiting on me.

I also used to knit to de-stress. Now I just knit for the sheer enjoyment of it! Hope you get to that point some day also. Stress is not a good thing.

k