Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friday morning I woke to no electricity, no heat, no phone, NO SCHOOL!! The ice storm left the branches coated in ice, beautiful except for those that cracked like the twigs they were. The lights were on again by early Saturday night, but no heat. Two circuits were out that powered the furnace, dishwasher and disposal. Usually I hate the wood stove, not the past few days.
It gets dark here early in December, around 4pm. Now what do we do. Some kept the fire going, some went to a friend's house, some went shopping, and some knitted with the help of a battery powered headlight. I did get out my TV band radio. Just audio, but since I knit while I listen to the TV anyway, it felt like I was watching it.
An expensive weekend with shopping, and eating out. Did you know a box of Joe from Dunkin Donuts is $13.99? I can't forget the electrical bill to fix the circuits...ouch.
At 9:03 tonight I got more good news. No school Monday!! I've already made a list of things to do.

No comments: