Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More adventures in spinning. I decided to put aside my practice fiber and go right to the real thing. Here is the braid of fiber from Sock Pixie.
Then after I unbraided it. There's gobs of fluff. So soft. 
I split the long rope into many mini skinny ropes and began to spin. I think it will take me a long time to spin it all. I spindled for a long time and the results are hardly worth mentioning. Therefore, no picture. Someday I will have enough to make socks. Just in time for next winter.

1 comment:

Sarah Glova said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine how you feel, but I know my Mom had a hard time of it when we started going... BUT at the same time she was ecstatic because she knew we'd be having fun, growing up and learning lots. I'm sure your Minime will be as well :)

Congrats again, that final decision is so nice. Best of luck to her, I'm sure she'll be great!!!