Sunday, January 10, 2010

My eye lenses are magnified. That's why I am now farsighted, my glasses are useless, and I can't read without reading glasses. According to the eye doctor, it might stay this way which is ok by me. I'd rather be able to see far than close anyway. I can wear fun sunglasses and mascara without my lashes hitting the glass. That's me, always looking for the positive.
The initial fright has passed which means I am getting lax with my diet. No simple sugar, but more carbs than I was eating. It's so like me to fall back into my old ways, but this time the result isn't being overweight, it's having high numbers. So I'll be getting back to watching and measuring and portion control. No choice anymore.
The days are ticking till Minime goes back to school. tick...tock...:(

1 comment:

meanderings said...

Hi Vicki,
Just read your comment so -
Fav food - chocolate.
Anything can be eaten IN MODERATION and IF it works with your eating plan. I just count the carbs, and if it works, then I enjoy (really enjoy) a small bit. There's a lot of stuff I haven't touched since my diagnosis but I refuse to suffer but so much.:)
I was diagnosed T1 as an adult, just about 5 years ago.