Friday, May 14, 2010

So, the shower has come and gone without the Bridgewater. My next goal date is the 25th. That's when we go to a fitting for the gown. I think I can make it. I figure about another 12 hours or so. It does look good. I'm impressed with myself.
The past week has not been a good BG week. First, the shower, then Mother's Day, then on Monday I visited Cutiepatootie for our Mother's Day. Later I ate Ben and Jerry's Tuesday. Oh crap.
I was good yesterday and today. 95 when I got home at 3:15...sweet. (not really sweet, quite the opposite)

I got some disturbing news last night. My dear friend/next door neighbor has leukemia. That says it all.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have to admit, ice cream gets me every time. The fat in it slows down the absorption, and no matter how hard I try I always end up high hours and hours later. I do still have it every so often though - always Ben & Jerry's. :)

I'll send good thoughts to your neighbor. My aunt was diagnosed with leukemia about a year and a half ago. She's at Dana Farber in Boston right now and had a bone marrow transplant last week. She is doing GREAT!!!