Saturday, November 20, 2010

Knitting School part 2

5 lessons later and I have a knitter. A knitter, one knitter. What was I thinking? I must say that I didn't know I was going to get 1st and 2nd graders. The one saving grace was that we now meet with the 3rd and 4th graders + teacher. Working together has been much better, not only for the skills, but for my sanity too. So, maybe a few more than 1 can knit, but when I walk away they get into knitting hell. This is what I hear when I leave them to their own devices: "Ooops!", Oh o!", "oh no!", "what?", "can you help?", "now what?", "I did it! - oh never mind".
I went manic with crafts today. I painted a chalk board on my newly painted kitchen wall. I should have thought it out more before I began. The spray paint ran, I can fix that. The paint got on the white wood frame, I can fix that too. The paint got on the border, at first I was going to leave it, it looked like a grey day. Then I tried to clean it up and the nail polish remover took off the paint and the color on the border. So now I have a mess. Luckily I have a little border left from 10 years ago.
More crafts. Michaels had fall silk flowers 90% off! Who could resist? Just in time for Thanksgiving. So far, 2 new fall bouquets. I also used the dried blue and red hydrangea blossoms for my Christmas wreath.

1 comment:

Μαiρη said...

Hello Vicki!!!Nice to ''meet'' you!!!