Sunday, July 17, 2011

How did that happen? Can you guess where this plant is growing? Hmmmm.

Give up?
It's growing in my gutter. This is what scientists call succession.
"Ecological succession" is the observed process of change in the species structure of an ecological community over time. In a given ecosystem, and under that ecosystem's set of environmental conditions, those species that can grow the most efficiently and produce the most viable offspring will become the most abundant organisms.
In this case the community is the gutter. The seeds must of floated up there and made a home in the leaves that I assume are also there. We all know leaves decay into soil, ergo...the garden.
If you look closely there are 2 plants growing, they may be scallions.

In other news, Cutiepatootie wants Fancy Nancy clothes. I think all I have to do is make it fancy with contrasting fabrics.
I'll be seeing her tomorrow and find out if I did a good enough job.





No comments: