Monday, January 23, 2012

A Dorie Recipe

Chicken in a Pot round 2
Celery, little carrots, scallions, an onion, 2 large potatoes, parsley,and of course, the chicken.
I lightly cooked all the veggies in special olive oil from Greece, then browned the chicken in butter.
Then I placed the vegetables in the pot under the chicken and added the herbs and some pepper. So far, so good.
I finished with a much smaller round of dough on top of the pot to seal it. I hope things go better this time. Time will tell, 60 minutes to be exact.
Tick Tock

This was delicious. So yummy. The potatoes picked up the flavors and didn't need a thing. BTW....I cooked this with out salt, none. This was a success. It reminded me of the stove top version I've made a gazillion times. The seal and oven cooking really ramped up the taste.

No comments: